[D1EE, Main Hall, Open] The first supper (Occasion)

Moto Taka

Re: [D1EE, Main Hall, Open] The first supper (Occasion)

Post by Moto Taka » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm

Kakita Sumire wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:34 pm

"It's quite common don't worry. When faced with a concept so alien that it doesn't make sense, such as the notion of anything except humans having feelings and the ability to communicate, people tend to shut down."

Sumire had another mouthful of rice.

"It's just how people who aren't attuned to the world are."
"Well, I'm happy to learn." Taka replies, rebounding somewhat. "If it's something you can show me. We'll add something else to our night our, perhaps?"
Known Winner | Curious | Flirtacious | Painfully Honest
Honor Is the Ideal | Ordinary Samurai | Average Great Clan Samurai Status
Traveling clothes, concealed armor, daishō (scimitar and wakizashi), yumi (bow), quiver of arrows, two knives, traveling pack, Unicorn warhorse (named koku), shamisen

Seppun Hibiki

Post by Seppun Hibiki » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:57 pm

Kitsuki Ketsudan wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:53 am
Seppun Hibiki wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:01 am
"I did not find what I had hoped for with the Agasha, but I enjoyed my time in the mountains. Hopefully, my time here will be as satisfying. But, only time will tell."
"If it's not impertinent," Ketsudan asks, "what took Seppun-sama to the Agasha lands?"
"My duties involve investigation and research of omens, portents and other spiritual matters. Officially, my visit was for research. However, I was also there for a consultation regarding my health." she admitted.
Imperial Shugenja Artisan Astrologer Healer Frail Tea Lover Too Honest
Glory: Reputable | Honor: Ideal | Status: Imperial

Wears/Carries: Sanctified robes, straw hat, wakizashi, staff, scroll satchel, divination kit, medicine kit, chopsticks, flute

Kitsuki Ketsudan

Post by Kitsuki Ketsudan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:58 pm

Seppun Hibiki wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:57 pm
"My duties involve investigation and research of omens, portents and other spiritual matters. Officially, my visit was for research. However, I was also there for a consultation regarding my health." she admitted.
Ketsudan nods.

"It is hoped that your research was fruitful," he says, avoiding the latter topic. It's an honor to be shown such a thing, and it would be shame to focus overmuch upon it. "Documentary research, or more observational?"
Kitsuki Ketsudan
Dragon Clan
Not Left-Handed | Quick | Writerly
Honor Is the Ideal | Reputable Samurai | Average Great Clan Samurai Status
Usually has daisho, traveling clothes, a knife, maybe money, definitely fancy headband, indigo jacket stitched in diamonds and circles
Combat, add ashigaru armor

Seppun Hibiki

Post by Seppun Hibiki » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:47 pm

Kitsuki Ketsudan wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:58 pm
Ketsudan nods.

"It is hoped that your research was fruitful," he says, avoiding the latter topic. It's an honor to be shown such a thing, and it would be shame to focus overmuch upon it. "Documentary research, or more observational?"
"Documentary in that case." she replied. "I needed information from some oracular records the Agasha maintain."

Wears/Carries: Sanctified robes, straw hat, wakizashi, staff, scroll satchel, divination kit, medicine kit, chopsticks, flute

Kakita Sumire

Post by Kakita Sumire » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:52 pm

Moto Taka wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:46 pm
"Well, I'm happy to learn." Taka replies, rebounding somewhat. "If it's something you can show me. We'll add something else to our night our, perhaps?"
"Er..." Sumire looked at the man, really studying him with squinting eyes.

"I don't know...you might not have the ability to listen to the winds and contemplate its words. Can you sit in a river and hear the fish? Sit in a tree and talk with the eagles? It takes many many many years I hear."
Crane Clan * Artisan * Courtier* Exceptional Performer * Animal Whisperer * Good Eyesight * Adventure Seeker * Loves the Outdoors * Not your usual Crane * Profile
Glory: Reputable |Honour: Appearances| Status: Average Great clan samurai
Carries: Wakizashi, Yumi (rarely), Pretty Clothes, Biwa, Flute, Calligraphy kit, Sake Cup, Inappropriate Pillow Books
Sometimes accompanied by an attendant called Miki

Moto Taka

Post by Moto Taka » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:58 pm

"Yeah...that's what I was afraid of." Taka shakes his head. "And even if I did but in the time, it's very likely I wouldn't have a knack for it. Fortunately, I've made a new friend." Now it's Taka's turn to 'boop' Sumire with his chopsticks. "Who can translate for me."
Traveling clothes, concealed armor, daishō (scimitar and wakizashi), yumi (bow), quiver of arrows, two knives, traveling pack, Unicorn warhorse (named koku), shamisen

Kakita Sumire

Post by Kakita Sumire » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:03 pm

Moto Taka wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:58 pm
"Yeah...that's what I was afraid of." Taka shakes his head. "And even if I did but in the time, it's very likely I wouldn't have a knack for it. Fortunately, I've made a new friend." Now it's Taka's turn to 'boop' Sumire with his chopsticks. "Who can translate for me."
Sumire sat back, blinking a few times.

"Translation services?"

She tutted, shaking her head and turning back to her food.

"They don't come cheap you know. I expect to be compensated in full, both me and the lovely horse."
Crane Clan * Artisan * Courtier* Exceptional Performer * Animal Whisperer * Good Eyesight * Adventure Seeker * Loves the Outdoors * Not your usual Crane * Profile
Carries: Wakizashi, Yumi (rarely), Pretty Clothes, Biwa, Flute, Calligraphy kit, Sake Cup, Inappropriate Pillow Books

Moto Taka

Post by Moto Taka » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:17 pm

Kakita Sumire wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:03 pm

Sumire sat back, blinking a few times.

"Translation services?"

She tutted, shaking her head and turning back to her food.

"They don't come cheap you know. I expect to be compensated in full, both me and the lovely horse."
"Well, you get what you pay for." Taka pokes Sumire playfully once again. "And if there is one thing the Crane are famous for, it's that nothing they do is cheap and that it's worth every zeni. But be warned, I will try to get everything I can out of it."

Kitsuki Ketsudan

Post by Kitsuki Ketsudan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:45 pm

Seppun Hibiki wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:47 pm
"Documentary in that case." she replied. "I needed information from some oracular records the Agasha maintain."
Ketsudan sips at his tea, nods.

"Seppun-sama is accomplished, then," he says. "Duties have shown no small amount of Agasha handwriting. It is," and he grins slightly, "singular."
Kitsuki Ketsudan
Dragon Clan
Usually has daisho, traveling clothes, a knife, maybe money, definitely fancy headband, indigo jacket stitched in diamonds and circles

Kakita Sumire

Post by Kakita Sumire » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:34 pm

Moto Taka wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:17 pm
"Well, you get what you pay for." Taka pokes Sumire playfully once again. "And if there is one thing the Crane are famous for, it's that nothing they do is cheap and that it's worth every zeni. But be warned, I will try to get everything I can out of it."
"Every zeni? You sure it's not every koku?"

Sumire grinned.

"Not that I'm one to barter. I'll just say nothing and decide at the end what you feel my attention was worth. No pressure."

Seppun Hibiki

Post by Seppun Hibiki » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:52 pm

Kitsuki Ketsudan wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:45 pm
Ketsudan sips at his tea, nods.

"Seppun-sama is accomplished, then," he says. "Duties have shown no small amount of Agasha handwriting. It is," and he grins slightly, "singular."
"True." She grinned as well. "But, the reports are not as tediously verbose as some of what I've see from the Otomo."

Kitsuki Ketsudan

Post by Kitsuki Ketsudan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:26 pm

Seppun Hibiki wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:52 pm
"True." She grinned as well. "But, the reports are not as tediously verbose as some of what I've see from the Otomo."
Ketsudan lifts his cup to cover a spreading smile.

"We might have to compare notes sometime," he says. "Much correspondence flows through the office where I have been stationed. Seppun-sama doubtlessly sees much, as well.

"And the occasional commentary on yams out of the Sparrow lands does show up now and again..."
Kitsuki Ketsudan
Dragon Clan

Moto Taka

Post by Moto Taka » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:27 am

Kakita Sumire wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:34 pm

"Every zeni? You sure it's not every koku?"

Sumire grinned.

"Not that I'm one to barter. I'll just say nothing and decide at the end what you feel my attention was worth. No pressure."
"Well, with what we had planned, words wouldn't be necessary." Taka waits a beat. "Dancing and music, yes? "

Seppun Hibiki

Post by Seppun Hibiki » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:49 am

Kitsuki Ketsudan wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:26 pm
Ketsudan lifts his cup to cover a spreading smile.

"We might have to compare notes sometime," he says. "Much correspondence flows through the office where I have been stationed. Seppun-sama doubtlessly sees much, as well.

"And the occasional commentary on yams out of the Sparrow lands does show up now and again..."
"Ah, the yams. I fear their healing properties have been overestimated." she sighed. ""Have you traveled much Kitsuki-san?"

Kitsuki Ketsudan

Post by Kitsuki Ketsudan » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:15 am

Seppun Hibiki wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:49 am
"Ah, the yams. I fear their healing properties have been overestimated." she sighed. ""Have you traveled much Kitsuki-san?"
"It shall be remembered," Ketsudan says. And, to answer the Seppun's question:

"Not outside the Kitsuki lands, no. The road to the dojo in the Mirumoto lands, and ranging out alongside it as needed. Some patrols in the area thereof. But mostly within the Kitsuki lands, until being sent here.

"Seppun-sama is more traveled, it seems. But that is only good sense, as her remit must necessarily cover more of the Empire."
Kitsuki Ketsudan
Dragon Clan

Kakita Sumire

Post by Kakita Sumire » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:29 pm

Moto Taka wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:27 am
"Well, with what we had planned, words wouldn't be necessary." Taka waits a beat. "Dancing and music, yes? "
"No storytelling?" Sumire pouted "I suppose that'll have to do. It still sounds fun! I'll make sure my biwa is ready, I needed to change one string."

She looked over all the other samurai and others gathered.

"There's quite a few gathered here. I wonder why others decided to come? It's more than I expected."

Moto Taka

Post by Moto Taka » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:42 pm

Kakita Sumire wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:29 pm
Moto Taka wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:27 am
"No storytelling?" Sumire pouted "I suppose that'll have to do. It still sounds fun! I'll make sure my biwa is ready, I needed to change one string."

She looked over all the other samurai and others gathered.

"There's quite a few gathered here. I wonder why others decided to come? It's more than I expected."

"Hey, you're the one who claimed thet would stay silent" Taka teases back but looks over the crowd. "You're right. It seems far more people have applied than the monks expected. "

Kakita Sumire

Post by Kakita Sumire » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:00 pm

Moto Taka wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:42 pm
"Hey, you're the one who claimed thet would stay silent" Taka teases back but looks over the crowd. "You're right. It seems far more people have applied than the monks expected. "
"Suppose I better learn how to tell shadow puppet stories" Sumire chuckled.

"Hmm....many different people from many different walks of life. What kind of people would you expect in a place like this though?"

Seppun Hibiki

Post by Seppun Hibiki » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:39 am

Kitsuki Ketsudan wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:15 am
"It shall be remembered," Ketsudan says. And, to answer the Seppun's question:

"Not outside the Kitsuki lands, no. The road to the dojo in the Mirumoto lands, and ranging out alongside it as needed. Some patrols in the area thereof. But mostly within the Kitsuki lands, until being sent here.

"Seppun-sama is more traveled, it seems. But that is only good sense, as her remit must necessarily cover more of the Empire."
"I have been very fortunate to have such opportunities." she said. "But,my travels have mostly been in the Northern Empire. There is much I haven't seen."

Kitsuki Ketsudan

Post by Kitsuki Ketsudan » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:16 pm

Seppun Hibiki wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:39 am
"I have been very fortunate to have such opportunities." she said. "But,my travels have mostly been in the Northern Empire. There is much I haven't seen."
"Seppun-sama said the Agasha lands," Ketsudan prompts. "The other Dragon lands, as well? Phoenix? Unicorn? Or north in the sense of 'north of the Spine of the World?'"
Kitsuki Ketsudan
Dragon Clan