D1 LA Sniffing the Wind-side of the mountain

Kakita Sumire

Re: D1 LA Sniffing the Wind-side of the mountain

Post by Kakita Sumire » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:55 pm

There was a small laugh and Sumire gave the horse a gentle pat.

"There there, I have to do the same for mine too. Keep watching them though, they're pretty good at getting themselves into trouble."
Moto Taka wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:49 pm
"Umm. Hello. That's my horse."
Sumire peered in Takas direction, and shook her head.

"No he isn't. He's your partner, your equal and he would like better food in the future."

She smiled at the horse.

"I got you friend. Gotta talk to the humans now though, remember to trot on the spot for warmth, it's cold out."

She stepped past the horse and offered a deep flamboyant bow to the two samurai.

"Sorry for the disturbance, was just passing by!"
Crane Clan * Artisan * Courtier* Exceptional Performer * Animal Whisperer * Good Eyesight * Adventure Seeker * Loves the Outdoors * Not your usual Crane * Profile
Glory: Reputable |Honour: Appearances| Status: Average Great clan samurai
Carries: Wakizashi, Yumi (rarely), Pretty Clothes, Biwa, Flute, Calligraphy kit, Sake Cup, Inappropriate Pillow Books
Sometimes accompanied by an attendant called Miki

Moto Taka

Post by Moto Taka » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:57 pm

Kakita Sumire wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:55 pm
There was a small laugh and Sumire gave the horse a gentle pat.

"There there, I have to do the same for mine too. Keep watching them though, they're pretty good at getting themselves into trouble."

Sumire peered in Takas direction, and shook her head.

"No he isn't. He's your partner, your equal and he would like better food in the future."

She smiled at the horse.

"I got you friend. Gotta talk to the humans now though, remember to trot on the spot for warmth, it's cold out."

She stepped past the horse and offered a deep flamboyant bow to the two samurai.

"Sorry for the disturbance, was just passing by!"
Taka looks over the girl, who has suddenly jumped up higher on his interest list. "Better food can be arranged. He's earned it so far. And he is my partner, he just also happens to be my horse."

"I'm Taka. Moto Taka." He corrects his mistake from earlier. "And you are?"
Known Winner | Curious | Flirtacious | Painfully Honest
Honor Is the Ideal | Ordinary Samurai | Average Great Clan Samurai Status
Traveling clothes, concealed armor, daishō (scimitar and wakizashi), yumi (bow), quiver of arrows, two knives, traveling pack, Unicorn warhorse (named koku), shamisen

Soshi Naoko

Post by Soshi Naoko » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:05 pm

Naoko watches the exchange, equally curious, though probably not for the same reasons. There was some vague memory of having seen the woman around the monastery at some point among all these travelers.
Scorpion * Shugenja * Itinerant * Disappointing (Whispers of Failure) * Keen Smell
Honor: Average * Glory: Unremarkable * Status: Also Unremarkable

Carries: Wakisashi, knife, scroll case, yumi (sometimes)

Description * Cat: Hanakuso

Kakita Sumire

Post by Kakita Sumire » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:18 pm

"Oh I'm nobody, don't worry about me" Sumire grinned "just met an interesting animal to talk to. Woods seem a bit weird right now, and crowded with animals and people, moreso than winter should have! What brings you and your partners to the woods?"

She looked first at the horse, then at Taka, then at the other woman.

"If I'm interrupting I can go away."
Crane Clan * Artisan * Courtier* Exceptional Performer * Animal Whisperer * Good Eyesight * Adventure Seeker * Loves the Outdoors * Not your usual Crane * Profile
Glory: Reputable |Honour: Appearances| Status: Average Great clan samurai
Carries: Wakizashi, Yumi (rarely), Pretty Clothes, Biwa, Flute, Calligraphy kit, Sake Cup, Inappropriate Pillow Books
Sometimes accompanied by an attendant called Miki

Soshi Naoko

Post by Soshi Naoko » Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:59 am

Kakita Sumire wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:18 pm
"Oh I'm nobody, don't worry about me" Sumire grinned "just met an interesting animal to talk to. Woods seem a bit weird right now, and crowded with animals and people, moreso than winter should have! What brings you and your partners to the woods?"

She looked first at the horse, then at Taka, then at the other woman.

"If I'm interrupting I can go away."
Hanakuso stops stalking Koku's tail, instead sitting tall and watching the conversation. Naoko lets the end of her stick settle on the snow and shakes her head. "Chance conversation, so more of the same isn't really interrupting, neh?" She gestures toward Koku with her free hand. "Was more worried about interrupting you."

"More people for this broom-monk's teaching, but more animals is something else...some of them shouldn't be here at all, really." She nods to Koku. "Not talking about you, of course."
Scorpion * Shugenja * Itinerant * Disappointing (Whispers of Failure) * Keen Smell
Honor: Average * Glory: Unremarkable * Status: Also Unremarkable

Carries: Wakisashi, knife, scroll case, yumi (sometimes)

Description * Cat: Hanakuso

Moto Taka

Post by Moto Taka » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:03 pm

Taka offers a belly laugh. "You..." He scratches the horse's mane. "Are deadly enough on your own. Don't go pulling ahead of me by learning bojustsu as well. As much as I'd enjoy seeing you do so"
Known Winner | Curious | Flirtacious | Painfully Honest
Honor Is the Ideal | Ordinary Samurai | Average Great Clan Samurai Status
Traveling clothes, concealed armor, daishō (scimitar and wakizashi), yumi (bow), quiver of arrows, two knives, traveling pack, Unicorn warhorse (named koku), shamisen