[D1 wilds] Old Habits (expecting)

Seppun Akimitsu

Re: [D1 wilds] Old Habits (expecting)

Post by Seppun Akimitsu » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:50 pm

He did not smile but a faint impression of amuesment shined through his eyes though it did not ruin the stoicism of his features "Of course I would protect you Kakita-san, it is what I was trained for. It is my duty." He said plainly

He did wince very slightly as she spoke of the tree root but refrained from apologizing again

"So I take it you are some type of performer? You seem to have a flair for the dramatic." He said in neutral tones
Imperial * Bushi * Imperial Guard * Quick * Important Ancestor * Fierce * Blunt
Glory: Reputable | Honour: Ideal | Status: Imperial
Carries: Daisho, fine kimono, jitte, glorious lacquered armor (where allowed), omamori of Fukurokujin

Kakita Sumire

Post by Kakita Sumire » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:57 pm

"Hai hai! I am a performer. Dancer mainly, but I also am writing a book and I also play the biwa! Well mothers biwa, but she gifted it so I can continue the biwalegacy" Sumire nodded "I am an artist that the world will know! Maybe, not sure if I want world wide renown you know? I might get followed more, and Seppun-sama won't always be here to save me. Or will he? Is Seppun-sama a performer, performer-fan?"

Sumire rubbed her arms.

"Are you warm? It's kinda cold."
Crane Clan * Artisan * Courtier* Exceptional Performer * Animal Whisperer * Good Eyesight * Adventure Seeker * Loves the Outdoors * Not your usual Crane * Profile
Glory: Reputable |Honour: Appearances| Status: Average Great clan samurai
Carries: Wakizashi, Yumi (rarely), Pretty Clothes, Biwa, Flute, Calligraphy kit, Sake Cup, Inappropriate Pillow Books
Sometimes accompanied by an attendant called Miki

Seppun Akimitsu

Post by Seppun Akimitsu » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:48 pm

He nodded, an eyebrow slightly raised "Quite talented then. Dance and music are honorable pursuits, samurai are people of art as much as service. I am no expert on those arts but I enjoy them." He paused slightly "I do enjoy books though, I am a guard at the Imperial library, perhaps I could read some of your book sometime."

Akimitsu undid the tie on his haori and shrugged out of it leaving him in only a thin undershirt of sarashi he extended the garment to her "I am warm enough, take this." His tone was firm but it seemed that was simply a default for him
Carries: Daisho, fine kimono, jitte, glorious lacquered armor (where allowed), omamori of Fukurokujin

Kakita Sumire

Post by Kakita Sumire » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:58 pm

"There is a difficulty in that Seppun-sama, it's not finished yet" Sumire laughed "I'm still writing it! Once it's finished if they deem it worthy of Imperial libraries I'm sure there will be lots of copies everywhere. Most don't like books with more risk to them, but who knows?"

She looked at the garment.

"Oh huh...are you sure? I mean, it's giving clothes to me. People get all gossipy and fan-gasping" She popped out her fan and opened it with a gasp as if to make a dramatic point before closing it again "wouldn't want anyone to think I was trying to get an early lead in the race for your hand."
Crane Clan * Artisan * Courtier* Exceptional Performer * Animal Whisperer * Good Eyesight * Adventure Seeker * Loves the Outdoors * Not your usual Crane * Profile
Carries: Wakizashi, Yumi (rarely), Pretty Clothes, Biwa, Flute, Calligraphy kit, Sake Cup, Inappropriate Pillow Books

Seppun Akimitsu

Post by Seppun Akimitsu » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:15 pm

Akimitsu nodded "Well I hope to someday read it then."

At the topic of gossip he shrugged "I care little for the words people throw around. You are cold, I am not. You have more need of this then I do. Besides I would expect it back once we returned to the monastery. I only brought the one haori." He explained

"What is your book about?" He asked a beat later whether or not she took the garment, circling back to her writing.

Kakita Sumire

Post by Kakita Sumire » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:28 pm

Satisfied that it wasn't a gift and thus wasn't offending some ritual, she accepted the haori and wrapped it around her.

"Oh it's a pillow book" Sumire grinned "a story about a girl that gets lost in another realm. Adventure, mystery, romance. Maybe a few other subjects. Mainly those 3 though! I'm about three chapters in. Have you ever tried writing?"

Seppun Akimitsu

Post by Seppun Akimitsu » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:40 pm

Akimitsu nodded neither approval nor judgment crossed his features "I have not read many pillow books but I understand they are popular among some circles. It sounds like idea escapism for many samurai." He commented crossing arms over a well muscled chest his physique more on display with just the thin undershirt as a covering.

He shook his head at her question "I am afraid I am not much of an artist myself. I read plenty but wouldn't subject someone to try and read anything I have to write." It might have been a joke but the flat delivery made it harder to interpret.

Kakita Sumire

Post by Kakita Sumire » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:27 pm

"For the audience they're a form of escapism for sure. For the author? It's a sign of an overactive imagination! However we all need that in life ne? That small step away from the tolls of the world, when nobody is looking, to help one remain focused on the important things in life."

Sumire looked at the other man, taking a moment to admire the man secretly before continuing.

"What does Seppun-sama do to relax then?"

Seppun Akimitsu

Post by Seppun Akimitsu » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:51 pm

Akimitsu shrugged "All samurai need rest both of mind and body. A rested mind is a sharp mind so relaxation is as important as intense training." He said nodding agreeing with her

"For myself I often read, meditate, sometimes cooking brings some nice distraction." He said looking down at her his eyes tracking her features in the darkness before settling on her eyes "and what of you? Is art duty? Relaxation? A bit of both?"

Kakita Sumire

Post by Kakita Sumire » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:14 pm

"Mmm well, it can be both. When you're trying to make sure that part of the song fits perfectly, or word Mimikos movements to correctly explain how she is trying to avoid the attention of that nasty looking large Tanuki....those are stressful duties. But at the same time when you complete it, it's joyful. You bring the paper you write on to life, or create a sound that makes others feel...whatever it's supposed to be feeling. Happy, sad, love, hate, joy, pain. It's wonderful, and to me that is both duty and relaxing."

Sumire sighed softly.

"Although I am a diplomat by duty, I think my superiors are seeing why my place is in the arts, not the courts."

Seppun Akimitsu

Post by Seppun Akimitsu » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:30 pm

He watched her intently, no emotions betrayed that stoic demeanor but his gaze held on her for a few moments before he responded "Your passion for your art is admirable." He said after the pause.

"I have the highest respect for artists, those that capture the soul of the Empire in their works and translate to others so we can see or heat the world the way they can, for at leat a short time."

"Though I do not see why you think you make a poor diplomat. I have found you pleasant this far."