Public Tidbits?

Make Tidbits public from Day 2 onward?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:57 am

Yes.
43%
No.
43%
Too early to tell, wait until at least the end of Day 2.
14%

Total votes: 7

The sweeping monk

Public Tidbits?

Post by The sweeping monk » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:57 am

The more I recontextualize Tidbits to make them match how the characters acquired them, the more they look like micro PC-NPC interactions, and thus the weirder it feels to hide them within private forums.

So I'm wondering if, starting from Day 2, they shouldn't be listed in a public thread instead. Character knowledge versus player knowledge as always applies, but that don't seem like it would be more of an issue than in any other game.

No strong feeling one way or another on my side, I have arguments for all options of the poll competing in my head at the moment.

Kaito Maya

Re: Public Tidbits?

Post by Kaito Maya » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:22 am

Share and share alike. The story to be told is for the players and I think everyone here is good enough about keeping separate what their characters and what they as players know.
Phoenix Clan * Monk * Traveling Miko * Quite Healthy * Hawk Eyes * Incompetent * Profile
Glory: Unremarkable | Honor: Ideal | Status: Average Great clan samurai
Carries: Wakizashi, Yumi, Sanctified Robes, Bo, Scroll satchel, Divination kit, Calligraphy kit, Medicine kit, Traveling pack

Kitsuki Ketsudan

Post by Kitsuki Ketsudan » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:10 am

If things don't come out wholly publicly--and I can see why they might not--then an after-game thread with them would be welcome.
Kitsuki Ketsudan
Dragon Clan
Not Left-Handed | Quick | Writerly
Honor Is the Ideal | Reputable Samurai | Average Great Clan Samurai Status
Usually has daisho, traveling clothes, a knife, maybe money, definitely fancy headband, indigo jacket stitched in diamonds and circles
Combat, add ashigaru armor

Kitsuki Kindaichi

Post by Kitsuki Kindaichi » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:40 pm

I think that having bits of information hidden in your back pocket is a nice little reward to be able to share or not share as the player sees fit. It IS a short game after all, I don't see the harm in waiting til post game to post a public list of secrets found at that point.
Dragon Clan || Yoriki
Glory: Reputable || Honor: Ideal || Status: Average

Gear: Travelling Clothes, Wakizashi, Journal of Observations, Calligraphy Kit

Soshi Naoko

Post by Soshi Naoko » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:59 pm

Ambivalent. Though I did want to note that I'm really appreciating the personalized bits, they are definitely minor NPC moments.
Scorpion * Shugenja * Itinerant * Disappointing (Whispers of Failure) * Keen Smell
Honor: Average * Glory: Unremarkable * Status: Also Unremarkable

Carries: Wakisashi, knife, scroll case, yumi (sometimes)

Description * Cat: Hanakuso

Togashi Genkai

Post by Togashi Genkai » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:32 pm

I don't mind sharing. Players should be able to separate IC and OOC knowledge.
富樫 玄海 • Dragon • Tattooed Monk • Feng Shui Enthusiast • Artisan • Diviner • Blessed by Ebisu • Vow of Silence • Sixth Sense
Status 30 • Honour 40 • Glory 55 • Info

Has: Sanctified robes, bo, painter's tools, divination coins, bag of medicinal herbs.

Boku

Post by Boku » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:35 pm

Neutral on during game. Very pro sharing post-game if they do not become public during the game.
Monk • Peasant Born • Blind • Daredevil • Worst Komuso Ever • Friend of the Brotherhood*

Carried: Tengai, sanctified robes, bo (as walking stick), omamori, scroll satchel, shakuhachi

Miya Yamashita

Post by Miya Yamashita » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:51 pm

I'm not against sharing during game, but I will agree that there is always that little bit of fun in situations where you receive a PM about your roll/what information you found in an investigation and then are given the onus to share in your characters perceptions/words.

So, I do enjoy not sharing until after game. If it's important after game shares are always appreciated to see all the cool tidbits!

One penny, two.
Imperial ☼ Miya Herald ☼ Incorrigible Gossip ☼ Children Hate Him ☼ Self-Important ☼ Impatient ☼ Fabulous

"Worship me."

Description | Attended by Yakumo, Ji-samurai.

Doji Riri

Post by Doji Riri » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:49 pm

I'll go with sharing post-game too, with players deciding what to share in-game.

Not that I think it's a problem if they're shared, but it does provide a little "reward" in a way, as some have said, and it's interesting to have them be shared by the characters IC.
道寺 梨李 • Crane Clan • Courtier(...) • Daredevil • Bouncy • Fidgety
Friend of the Brotherhood • Not the brightest candle • Likes to be outside
Glory: 47 • Honour: 50 • Status: 35
Carries: Ceremonial or travelling clothes, wakizashi, bo staff, yumi and quiver (if appropriate), too many charms and netsuke dangling from her hair and clothes.
Attendant: Kichi (吉 - “Luck”)

The sweeping monk

Post by The sweeping monk » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:14 am

No strong majority in major of publicizing them, so Tidbits will remain in private forums.