[D2LA, The Village] Shopping in Town

Moto Taka

[D2LA, The Village] Shopping in Town

Post by Moto Taka » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:49 pm

The discussion at the previous day's welcome meal had made apparent to Taka, and now he was going to do something about it. It was time to get sake!

You know, and restock on his traveling supplies.

Same difference.

The place it out of the way, but take manages to replenish his stock and pick up a few bottle of sake.

D2-Shopping in town for sake-Commerce/Water-Rarity 1 item-+1TN for being a small village near a major center | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
2 bu spent on 2 bottle of sake
Strife 4/8
Known Winner | Curious | Flirtacious | Painfully Honest
Honor Is the Ideal | Ordinary Samurai | Average Great Clan Samurai Status
Traveling clothes, concealed armor, daishō (scimitar and wakizashi), yumi (bow), quiver of arrows, two knives, traveling pack, Unicorn warhorse (named koku), shamisen

Kitsuki Kindaichi

Re: [D2LA, The Village] Shopping in Town

Post by Kitsuki Kindaichi » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:08 pm

Moto Taka wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:49 pm
The discussion at the previous day's welcome meal had made apparent to Taka, and now he was going to do something about it. It was time to get sake!

You know, and restock on his traveling supplies.

Same difference.

The place it out of the way, but take manages to replenish his stock and pick up a few bottle of sake.

D2-Shopping in town for sake-Commerce/Water-Rarity 1 item-+1TN for being a small village near a major center | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
2 bu spent on 2 bottle of sake
Strife 4/8
Date: Day 2 of the Sweeping Monk Incident
Time: Hour of the Goat

Having spent the early part of the after running around the mountain with monks both talented and blind, I felt the need to slowly wind down with a walk to the village and back. The journey there was unremarkable. However, at the village I did spot the energetic Unicorn from the previous evening's dinner loading up on sake. It certainly wasn't something the monks were ikely to have in great supply. But his intentions in doing so could be anything: he could just as easily be planning to socialize as to simply wind down after training. Some even used sake for training, but that seemed unlikely to be the sensei's way. It bore further investigating.

The Journal of Kitsuki Kindachi, The Sweeping Monk Incident

Kindachi approached the Unicorn and offered a polite bow.

"Good afternoon, Moto-san. We missed the opportunity to speak at least night's meal. I am Kitsuki Kindachi, I hope your stay at the monastery has been pleasing thus far." he offered politely.

"Good afternoon,
Dragon Clan || Yoriki
Glory: Reputable || Honor: Ideal || Status: Average

Gear: Travelling Clothes, Wakizashi, Journal of Observations, Calligraphy Kit

Moto Taka

Post by Moto Taka » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:56 pm

"Oh, it's been great." Taka shoves a pastry into his mouth, chewing with great relish. "Sorry, you've got to eat these while they're fresh. They never last long in a saddle." He extends the pastry out, a large hole from his bite in it. "Do you want some?"
Traveling clothes, concealed armor, daishō (scimitar and wakizashi), yumi (bow), quiver of arrows, two knives, traveling pack, Unicorn warhorse (named koku), shamisen

Kitsuki Kindaichi

Post by Kitsuki Kindaichi » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:20 pm

Moto Taka wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:56 pm
"Oh, it's been great." Taka shoves a pastry into his mouth, chewing with great relish. "Sorry, you've got to eat these while they're fresh. They never last long in a saddle." He extends the pastry out, a large hole from his bite in it. "Do you want some?"
Kindachi wasn't particularly hungry, but it was rude to refuse offered food.

"Thank you, Moto-san, that is very considerate of you." he offered, taking the offered pastry and taking a bite opposite where the Moto had chomped on it.

He handed the twice bitten pastry back.

"And what of Sensi Wu's questions this morning, Moto-san? I'm quite curious what you made of them." he inquired.
Dragon Clan || Yoriki

Moto Taka

Post by Moto Taka » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:10 pm

"I think" Taka mulls over the question before adopting an impish grin. "That you might be trying to use my answers Kitsuki-san."

Take takes the pastry back and takes another bite. In spite of his comment, he feels fine continuing.

"The sensei is looking for students for a purpose. I don't know what that purpose is it. Brother Hiro, looks like a bushi who just took orders and shaved his head. The man isn't hurting for people to keep the place alive. Suddenly, he's calling in people. I think he has an idea of what he thinks he can use, and is casting a wide net to see what he finds. As to what end?"

Taka shrugs. "From what I can tell, most here have never traveled out of the area. Only Hiro, Sennin and the sensei have gone anywhere."

Kitsuki Kindaichi

Post by Kitsuki Kindaichi » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:21 pm

Moto Taka wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:10 pm
"I think" Taka mulls over the question before adopting an impish grin. "That you might be trying to use my answers Kitsuki-san."

Take takes the pastry back and takes another bite. In spite of his comment, he feels fine continuing.

"The sensei is looking for students for a purpose. I don't know what that purpose is it. Brother Hiro, looks like a bushi who just took orders and shaved his head. The man isn't hurting for people to keep the place alive. Suddenly, he's calling in people. I think he has an idea of what he thinks he can use, and is casting a wide net to see what he finds. As to what end?"

Taka shrugs. "From what I can tell, most here have never traveled out of the area. Only Hiro, Sennin and the sensei have gone anywhere."
Kindachi considered the Unicorn's comments, but offered a shake of the head.

"Hm, no, I don't think using your answers would be a particularly good idea, Moto-san, anymore than you presenting mine would be a good idea for you. Your answers are going to be shaped extensively by your own individual experiences. While it wouldn't be as obvious, say as an Asahina presenting a Matsu's answers, there's going to be enough unique twists in what we say and do that a man as wise as the Sensei is going to be able to sniff out inauthenticity. In other words, you could tell me what it's like to go riding as often as you have, but while I can try to repeat your words as my own, anyone who knows anything about riding is going to be able to tell I'm not telling the truth." he counters.

"But you do have an very interesting idea in questions sensei Wu's motives to gather students. It is said 'When the student is ready, the teacher appears.', but that is not truly the only reason a teach may appear, hm?"
Dragon Clan || Yoriki

Moto Taka

Post by Moto Taka » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:59 pm

"Oh, I agree. There's a reason, I'm sure. And the sensei wants people flexible and adaptable. As to what end?" Taka shrugs