[D4EE, The village] Party (Occasion)

Doji Riri

Re: [D4EE, The village] Party (Occasion)

Post by Doji Riri » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:56 pm

Brother Hiro wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:27 pm
"Part of me has made peace with it, has accepted the responsibility was shared between me, my then lord, bad luck, ineluctability. Part of me still seeks to shoulder the blame, the deaths, alone.

If the gods allow it, stay away from war Doji-sama. On the battlefield, courage and honor are just tiny islands of light in the ocean of blood and sorrow."
The Doji just nods, then focuses on dancing around, or with, Hiro for a while.

After a minute or so, she speaks again. "I... imagine it must have been hard, Hiro-san. I mean, Shinsei himself said something like, If you want peace prepare for war... but then maybe he means peace itself is often not accepted?"

She seems thoughtful, even while dancing. "Although I suppose in some cases accepting violence from others is no better?..."

A smile. "That does sound a bit like one of Sensei Wu's questions, doesn't it? How can one defeat violence without being violent?"
道寺 梨李 • Crane Clan • Courtier(...) • Daredevil • Bouncy • Fidgety
Friend of the Brotherhood • Not the brightest candle • Likes to be outside
Glory: 47 • Honour: 50 • Status: 35
Carries: Ceremonial or travelling clothes, wakizashi, bo staff, yumi and quiver (if appropriate), too many charms and netsuke dangling from her hair and clothes.
Attendant: Kichi (吉 - “Luck”)

Brother Hiro

Post by Brother Hiro » Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:43 pm

Doji Riri wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:56 pm
The Doji just nods, then focuses on dancing around, or with, Hiro for a while.

After a minute or so, she speaks again. "I... imagine it must have been hard, Hiro-san. I mean, Shinsei himself said something like, If you want peace prepare for war... but then maybe he means peace itself is often not accepted?"

She seems thoughtful, even while dancing. "Although I suppose in some cases accepting violence from others is no better?..."

A smile. "That does sound a bit like one of Sensei Wu's questions, doesn't it? How can one defeat violence without being violent?"
Hiro smiles.

"You're definitely in a monky mood tonight Doji-sama.

I don't have the answers to any of these questions. I'm not sure they even have an answer which isn't a riddle in itself.

Life however often asks unsolvable questions of people. And sometimes answering wrong is better than not answering at all. When you're lost, sometimes the best decision is to wait for the night and the stars to show you the way, sometimes it's to take the first path you cross, even if you aren't sure where it leads, and maybe reach a shelter before sunset. It all depends if you're ready to face what awaits you in the dark."

Seppun Hibiki

Post by Seppun Hibiki » Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:31 pm

Kitsuki Ketsudan wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:04 pm
"It will be a pleasure," Ketsudan says, and he seats himself.

"What blend, if it may be asked? Hoji-cha, perchance?"
She nodded. "This was harvested in Crab lands. It is delightfully light and refreshing."
Imperial Shugenja Artisan Astrologer Healer Frail Tea Lover Too Honest
Glory: Reputable | Honor: Ideal | Status: Imperial

Wears/Carries: Sanctified robes, straw hat, wakizashi, staff, scroll satchel, divination kit, medicine kit, chopsticks, flute

Kitsuki Ketsudan

Post by Kitsuki Ketsudan » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:41 am

Seppun Hibiki wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:31 pm
She nodded. "This was harvested in Crab lands. It is delightfully light and refreshing."
"This one is in Seppun-sama's care, then," Ketsudan replies. "Is there something this one ought to do?"
Kitsuki Ketsudan
Dragon Clan
Not Left-Handed | Quick | Writerly
Honor Is the Ideal | Reputable Samurai | Average Great Clan Samurai Status
Usually has daisho, traveling clothes, a knife, maybe money, definitely fancy headband, indigo jacket stitched in diamonds and circles
Combat, add ashigaru armor