[EA Rock Garden] Centering

Seppun Akimitsu

[EA Rock Garden] Centering

Post by Seppun Akimitsu » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:52 pm

(Expecting)

Following the events in the wilderness Akimitsu delivered a report and made a written account as well a copy for the monetary and a copy to carry back with him to his lord.

With the busy work done there was some time until the procession started. Akimitsu found himself in the rock garden contemplation the patterns and shifting colors. Centering himself, cooling down from battle. Nothing left to do but enjoy the festivities and await Wu's decision.
Imperial * Bushi * Imperial Guard * Quick * Important Ancestor * Fierce * Blunt
Glory: Reputable | Honour: Ideal | Status: Imperial
Carries: Daisho, fine kimono, jitte, glorious lacquered armor (where allowed), omamori of Fukurokujin

Doji Riri

Re: [EA Rock Garden] Centering

Post by Doji Riri » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:38 pm

Seppun Akimitsu wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:52 pm
(Expecting)

Following the events in the wilderness Akimitsu delivered a report and made a written account as well a copy for the monetary and a copy to carry back with him to his lord.

With the busy work done there was some time until the procession started. Akimitsu found himself in the rock garden contemplation the patterns and shifting colors. Centering himself, cooling down from battle. Nothing left to do but enjoy the festivities and await Wu's decision.
Perhaps late travellers heading south as the winter settled in earnest in the mountains, a group of birds, mayhe swallows, flies over the rock garden, some of them heading down to perch on the rocks.

Not long after, a wandering Crane happens onto the garden as well, her steps as if drifting in a vague zigzag pattern, eyes up to the sky, maybe wondering about her own migrations through life.

She startles from her musings as she sees the Imperial, quickly composing herself into a friendly, if still thoughtful expression and a respectful bow.

She had seen and met the man briefly among the other candidates, but never really had a chance to talk.

"Ah, Seppun-sama! I hope I'm not disturbing?"
道寺 梨李 • Crane Clan • Courtier(...) • Daredevil • Bouncy • Fidgety
Friend of the Brotherhood • Not the brightest candle • Likes to be outside
Glory: 47 • Honour: 50 • Status: 35
Carries: Ceremonial or travelling clothes, wakizashi, bo staff, yumi and quiver (if appropriate), too many charms and netsuke dangling from her hair and clothes.
Attendant: Kichi (吉 - “Luck”)

Seppun Akimitsu

Post by Seppun Akimitsu » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:07 pm

Akimitsu's mind was not taken by thoughts but rather practicing emptying them so he heard her approach before she spoke. He unfolded his legs and stood bowing back to her.

"It is no intrusion Doji-san. I was simply meditating after the events of the morning. I hope your day has been simpler than mine." The words might often be accompanied by smiles as a joke from others but Akimitsu's expression stayed serious it was an honest and simple statement.
Carries: Daisho, fine kimono, jitte, glorious lacquered armor (where allowed), omamori of Fukurokujin

Doji Riri

Post by Doji Riri » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:41 pm

Seppun Akimitsu wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:07 pm
Akimitsu's mind was not taken by thoughts but rather practicing emptying them so he heard her approach before she spoke. He unfolded his legs and stood bowing back to her.

"It is no intrusion Doji-san. I was simply meditating after the events of the morning. I hope your day has been simpler than mine." The words might often be accompanied by smiles as a joke from others but Akimitsu's expression stayed serious it was an honest and simple statement.
"Simple... I'm not sure.", she said, still thoughtful. "Simpler... well, that would depend on knowing more about your day, ne?". A kind smile.

"Not a particularly bad day, I hope?"
Carries: Ceremonial or travelling clothes, wakizashi, bo staff, yumi and quiver (if appropriate), too many charms and netsuke dangling from her hair and clothes.

Seppun Akimitsu

Post by Seppun Akimitsu » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:07 pm

Doji Riri wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:41 pm
"Simple... I'm not sure.", she said, still thoughtful. "Simpler... well, that would depend on knowing more about your day, ne?". A kind smile.

"Not a particularly bad day, I hope?"
Akimitsu frowned slightly "hmmm bad would be the wrong word. Strange mostly. Moto-san, Kitsuki-san and I encountered a strange creature in the woods. We fought it for a few minutes but it ran away."

"It seems the woods around this place have more secrets than we knew."

Doji Riri

Post by Doji Riri » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:49 pm

Seppun Akimitsu wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:07 pm
Akimitsu frowned slightly "hmmm bad would be the wrong word. Strange mostly. Moto-san, Kitsuki-san and I encountered a strange creature in the woods. We fought it for a few minutes but it ran away."

"It seems the woods around this place have more secrets than we knew."
"Hm!", the Doji exclaims simply, although she seems genuinely curious.

"I have wandered around quite a bit, but somehow missed anything that strange! Mostly... saw foxes around, I think?"

Weight shifting, faces, a look up at the sky. "Seppun-sama said you fought it? It was... dangerous, then? Tried to hurt you?"