[D4LM, The balcony] An impossible question (Event)

The sweeping monk

[D4LM, The balcony] An impossible question (Event)

Post by The sweeping monk » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:30 pm

Art: https://l5r-game.fandom.com/wiki/Polar_ ... Engine.png

Strangely, the abbess is not supervising the preparations for the parade. Someone looking for her would eventually discover, first by chance then by following the sound of voices once they're close enough, that she is situated on one of the monastery's balconies. A natural terrace with a parapet added to avoid accidents, only accessible through an unlit corridor, facing the direction opposed to the road and the monastery's entrance, it's a semi-hidden location the monks sometimes use when they need solitude.

Alone she is not however. Haruhi is here with her, both figures standing out from the mountainous background behind them. They are going through a discussion still amiable at this point but dancing on the edge, the abbess' facade showing cracks of annoyance for the first time in days.

ImageImage

"Oshō-sama..."

"I hear your arguments Haruhi-chan. I've heard them a lot already. You and Wu have been coming at me on this subject for weeks now. And I keep telling you Hiro's choice is his own."

"I know Hiro well. He is not nearly as decided as you make it sounds. One word from you could change everything!"

"And why would I tell him it's too early for him to take up his final vows?"

"Because it is! He's going through a rough patch at the moment, but it's still far too early for him to retire from the world!"

"You underestimate the boy's faith. He is a born monk."

"And you underestimate what he has to lose by shaving his head for good now. He'll never reach his full potential, as a monk or otherwise, that way."

"Wu and you, you don't realize how much there is to gain from simple contemplation."

"And you, you don't realize how much there is to contemplate beyond these walls."

"Haruhi-chan..."

This event will be an Intrigue Conflict Event in Structured Time, using Stances. All restrictions on how to spend opportunities, or which technique can be activated, are lifted for this event.

This event is limited to three PCs and will start as soon as three players have posted here.

On entering thread, please:
Roll TN 1 Sentiment, adding your Focus to the result, to determine your Initiative.
Reminder: The Initiative roll is not affected by stances. However, the ring you choose for it does determine the stance you'll be in until your first turn, at which point you can switch stances.
Indicate your Vigilance and Status scores as this is useful for some techniques.
Make a post in your private forum listing all your advantages and disadvantages that you think might be relevant to the subject, as well as your questions about your social techniques requiring GM's input.
Secretly choose one of the following objectives and send me a PM with your decision:
✽ Objectives
✿ Support the abbess
The abbess won't talk to Hiro on Haruhi's behalf.

You may only target Haruhi with the Persuade Action. This is a TN1 Command or TN2 any other Social skill check. On success, Tokiko's score increases by 1, plus 1 additional point for every 2 bonus successes.

You achieve your Objective if, at the end of any PC's turn, Tokiko's score is 8 or more and at least 2 points greater than Haruhi's score, or if no other Objective has been achieved by the end of the fifth round.
✿ Support the student
The abbess will throw in a word for Hiro that maybe he should delay his vows for now.

You may only target Tokiko with the Persuade Action. This is a TN2 Courtesy or TN3 any other Social skill check. On success, Haruhi's score increases by 1, plus 1 additional point for every 2 bonus successes.

You achieve your Objective if, at the end of any PC's turn, Haruhi's score is 8 or more, and at least 2 points greater than Tokiko's score.
✿ Strike a compromise
The abbess will talk to Hiro, retelling what has been said today, all the arguments raised in this very discussion, and he'll come to a conclusion of his own.

You may target either Haruhi or Tokiko, using the same rules as above.

You achieve your Objective if, at the end of any PC's turn, both Haruhi's score and Tokiko's score are 6 or more, and the difference between them is 1 or less.
Rules

By the book Intrigue events, so characters take turn firing "social attacks" at the NPCs until high enough scores to trigger the event's end are achieved.

Characters can unmask once to reset their strife to zero and heal up to one of the following conditions: Dazed, Disoriented, Enraged, Silenced.
This is done at the cost of Minor Breach of Compassion, Courtesy, Righteousness, or Sincerity (player's choice), forfeiting Honor as defined on pages 300-301 (as much as Honor rank as a default).

Special

Since the PCs can only target NPCs with actions as a default, and that NPCs will only target each other out of simplicity, the Air and Earth Stances would offer no advantage to the PCs. To compensate for that, the following rule will be used:

When a PC uses an Earth based Scheme action against either Tokiko or Haruhi, the opposite NPC gets the benefit of the Earth stance until the PC's next turn (cannot spend Opportunity symbol to inflict conditions on them). In other words, the NPC they're siding with will "share" the benefit of their stance. Same thing with Air and its +1 ATN bonus. Max one such bonus at a time, the newest one replacing the older one. No effect if the NPC is already in, or switches to, either Air or Earth stance.

NPCs

Mother Tokiko and Sister Haruhi are characters in the scene and can be targeted not only by the Persuade action, but also by techniques, abilities, effects of opportunities, etc. They can take and heal strife, and be affected by Conditions.

In case they become Compromised, their Vigilance is treated as 1, effectively making most checks against them (including the Persuade action) TN1.

They start with the following stats:
✽ Mother Tokiko

Vigilance: 3
Status: Always considered higher than the PCs for that scene (every captain's a king on their ship)
Stance: Void
Strife: 6/? (not Compromised)

Initiative: 0
Starting score: 0
✽ Sister Haruhi

Vigilance: 2
Status: Always considered lower than the PCs for that scene (novice monk out of their depth)
Stance: Fire
Strife: 2/? (not Compromised)

Initiative: 1
Starting score: 3
Rewards

At the end of the scene:

If Tokiko' side "won", characters that supported it earn a fluff invitation for tea with the abbess, 6 Information points evenly split among them, and one Tidbit for each 3 three points earned that way (individually).

If Haruhi's side "won", characters that supported it gain a fluff invitation for sparring with the student, and 6 Impression points evenly split among them.

If a compromise is achieved, each character that supported it gain 6 points, evenly split among them, plus one additional point individually. These points can be Information, Impression, or a mix (player's choice). One Tidbit is awarded for each 3 three Information points earned that way (individually).

In addition, one Information Tidbit will also be awarded to all participants for each time a NPC had to unmask (so, to a maximum of 2).

Doji Riri

Re: [D4LM, The balcony] An impossible question (Event)

Post by Doji Riri » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:29 pm

Riri had been out for a while earlier, but after coming back she couldn't find an easy way to mesh in with those making preparations and found herself pacing around the monastery.

When she was going around an area she hadn't been to yet, she heard voices coming from a dark corridor.

Quite incensed voices, in fact. Was that... Haruhi? And the Abbess?

Oh, so Hiro hasn't...

Sensei Wu's words came back to her at once. A number of thoughts crossed her mind. Had Haruhi? What had...

Bo set at her back, she made her way through the dark corridor walking, listening but quiet for now.

----------

D4 LM - An Impossible Question. Init. Void/Sentiment. | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image

Initiative: 5 (Focus 4 + 1 Success)
Spending Opportunity symbol for: Choose a ring other than Void. Reduce the TN of your next check by 1 if it uses that ring. Choosing Air!
Strife: 0/8
Last edited by Doji Riri on Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
道寺 梨李 • Crane Clan • Courtier(...) • Daredevil • Bouncy • Fidgety
Friend of the Brotherhood • Not the brightest candle • Likes to be outside
Glory: 47 • Honour: 50 • Status: 35
Carries: Ceremonial or travelling clothes, wakizashi, bo staff, yumi and quiver (if appropriate), too many charms and netsuke dangling from her hair and clothes.
Attendant: Kichi (吉 - “Luck”)

Kitsuki Kindaichi

Post by Kitsuki Kindaichi » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:36 pm

Date: Day Four of the Sweeping Monk Incident
Time: Hour of the Serpent
Weather: Clear sky, snow covered ground

With the completion of the demonstrations, there seemed to be little to do but enjoy a local festival while awaiting the announcement of the sensei's decision. Still, the Abbess's comparison of myself to Hiro from the previous day was still a thought I couldn't quite clear from my mind. Was it simply an acknowledgement of potential, or a very subtle way to suggest early retirement? The former seemed more likely, but the training that the Abbess herself suggested setting aside to live in the now demanded answers.

My thoughts were interrupted by a discussion of Hiro himself, between the Abbess and Haruhi. Unsurprisingly, there were others gathered as well: Doji Riri and Seppun Hibiki. They had surely come for their own concerns, but were getting sucked into a debate between monks. Surely, I thought, there must be a compromise. The wisdom of the Abbess was strong, true, but the passion of the disciple should mean something...

The journals of Kitsuki Kindachi, The Sweeping Monk Incident.

Vigilance: 2
Stance: Earth
Strife: 1/10
Init: 7

Goal: Compromise
Last edited by Kitsuki Kindaichi on Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dragon Clan || Yoriki
Glory: Reputable || Honor: Ideal || Status: Average

Gear: Travelling Clothes, Wakizashi, Journal of Observations, Calligraphy Kit

Seppun Hibiki

Post by Seppun Hibiki » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:33 pm

Hibiki was searching for the abbess to thank her and the other monks for tending to her after her collapse, and to discuss her health issues. She did not intend to eavesdrop, nor did she wish to intrude. But, hearing that the discussion involved Hiro, she felt compelled to see if se could at least mediate the discussion.

The situation already seemed tense and she could feel her own anxieties rising. She calmed herself and committed to maintaining that calm.

- - -
[D4LM, The balcony] An impossible question (Event), Just as Predicted, Theology (Void) TN 1 | TN: 1 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image

[D4LM, The balcony] An impossible question (Event), Sentiment (Void) TN 1, Focus 4 | TN: ? | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image

Initiative: 7
Strife: 5/6
Imperial Shugenja Artisan Astrologer Healer Frail Tea Lover Too Honest
Glory: Reputable | Honor: Ideal | Status: Imperial

Wears/Carries: Sanctified robes, straw hat, wakizashi, staff, scroll satchel, divination kit, medicine kit, chopsticks, flute

The sweeping monk

Post by The sweeping monk » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:39 pm

Scene can now begin.

Initiative order:

Seppun Hibiki: 7 (lower honor than Kindaichi)
Kitsuki Kindaichi: 7
Doji Riri: 5
Haruhi: 1
Tokiko: 0

The three PCs may now act in appropriate order, starting with Seppun Hibiki. Please do not wait for me unless an issue arises or the turn of the NPCs has come. If no victory condition has been reached at the end of your turn, the next player can take the stage immediately, even (and especially) if the GM is asleep.

Seppun Hibiki

Post by Seppun Hibiki » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:13 pm

"My apologies for interrupting, mina-san." Hibiki dipped her head respectfully to both monks. "I overheard your discussion and thought, perhaps, you might be wiling to take a moment to reflect on the situation and share your concerns with others."

She glanced towards the other samurai who had been drawn to the conversation.

- - -
Action: Calming Breath to reduce Strife

Initiative: 7
Strife: 4/6

Double edited, because I confused myself. Roll shouldn't have been done.
Last edited by Seppun Hibiki on Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wears/Carries: Sanctified robes, straw hat, wakizashi, staff, scroll satchel, divination kit, medicine kit, chopsticks, flute

Kitsuki Kindaichi

Post by Kitsuki Kindaichi » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:25 pm

Doji Riri wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:29 pm
Snip

"If you could also forgive my intrusion into the conversation as well, that would be appreciated." Kindachi offered with a self-depreciating smile. "However, I find most discussions are enriched with the input of others, both those many years experience, and those who burn with the passion of youth. Still, it is important to sometimes temper those fires of youth, so that they may be honed into the respected elders of tomorrow."

Persuade Haruhi Pass, 2 strife taken, 1 opp used to lower Tokiko's strife

3/10 strife taken
1 point for Tokiko

(Crane cannon is up!)
Dragon Clan || Yoriki

Doji Riri

Post by Doji Riri » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:39 am

Kitsuki Kindaichi wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:25 pm
"If you could also forgive my intrusion into the conversation as well, that would be appreciated." Kindachi offered with a self-depreciating smile. "However, I find most discussions are enriched with the input of others, both those many years experience, and those who burn with the passion of youth. Still, it is important to sometimes temper those fires of youth, so that they may be honed into the respected elders of tomorrow."
The Doji steps into the terrace a moment after the Kitsuki and the Seppun, a friendly smile on her lips as she bows to everyone in the scene with her usual bouncy demeanour. Her steps are subtle, though, and while her smile is as cheerful as usual, it seems a little more careful, perhaps due to the tense atmosphere.

"Seppun-san, Kitsuki-san", she bowed to the two samurai politely, then turned to the two nuns. "Haruhi-san. Tokiko Anjuu-sama", she bowed again before leaning her head slightly towards the Kitsuki.

"My apologies as well for intruding, and for having overheard some of what you were saying..." she looks down for a moment, then raises her head again, a soft smile on her face even as her feet shift about. "If I may.... Kitsuki-san's words are wise, but... I happened to hear you mention Sensei Wu, and..." She pauses for a moment, looks down.

"I don't know half of the story, of course, unlike Tokiko-sama, and even more so Haruhi-san. But Sensei Wu said something to me a couple days back, see. About being pushed into another path. Back then, he was referring to... " She shakes her head, her smile turning bashful for a moment, then looks at the abbess again. "Ah... but Hiro! If he has faced, or is facing, difficult times, would he not be in a better place to make a decision at a more peaceful time, so he can push for a path true to himself instead of maybe feeling pushed into one, Tokiko Anjuu-sama?", she finally gets out, slowly taking two steps closer to Haruhi as she does.

------------------

Change to Air Stance; +1 TN to Persuade rolls vs Haruhi
Action: Persuade Tokiko

D4 - An Impossible Question. Round 1. Persuade. Friend of the Brotherhood. Air/Courtesy, TN 2-1 (reduced with Void Opp from Init) = TN 1. | TN: 1 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image Image

Succeeded with 3 bonus successes; Haruhi's score increases by 2.
Opportunity symbolOpportunity symbol: Provide assistance to the next character to attempt a check to accomplish something similar - Providing assistance on the next check to Persuade Tokiko (probably to Haruhi?)
Strife symbol now at 1/8
Status 35
Vigilance 3

Haruhi's Score should now be 5
Tokiko's Score should now be... 1 (right?)
Persuade actions against Haruhi should now be TN 3 (2 if Command)
Carries: Ceremonial or travelling clothes, wakizashi, bo staff, yumi and quiver (if appropriate), too many charms and netsuke dangling from her hair and clothes.

Sister Haruhi

Post by Sister Haruhi » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:22 am

With the unexpected backup of the Left Hand of the Emperor, Haruhi's feels herself invincible, and attempts a daring social strike at the abbess.

"Hear that oshō-sama? Listen to the wisdom of those who have traveled the world."

Daring does not mean appropriate however. It only manages to unnerve the abbess.

D4LM | An impossible question | Round 1
Haruhi's strike

Image ImageImage
TN2 Courtesy/Fire | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 3 / Strife: 1

A bit of a mess due to me forgetting the Assistance bonus at first, so split into two rolls

Opportunity symbol: Inflame another character [Tokiko] in the scene with your presence, causing them to receive 2 strife.
Opportunity symbol: If you failed, provide assistance to the next character trying to accomplish the same action. => Granting skilled assistance to Doji Riri
Opportunity symbol: Reduce the TN of the next Social check another character makes before the end of the scene by 1. => Once again targeting Doji Riri (both bonus are cumulative)

Score: 3 (start) + 2 (Riri) = 5
Strife: 2 (start) + 1 (own roll) = 3/?
Stance: Fire, but benefiting from the +1TN from Riri's own Air stance. Action against her are thus TN2 Command or TN3 any other Social skill

Mother Tokiko

Post by Mother Tokiko » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:30 am

The abbess is all smiles.

"I will hear with pleasure the tales that Doji-sama and yourself have to tell about your time in the outside world with a blade by your side, each and every so interesting secular experience of yours.

As it is said in On the nature of freedom however, 'in the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the bootmaker'."

Action 1: Calming Breath: -1 strife
Action 2:

D4LM | An impossible question | Round 1
Tokiko's counterattack
TN2 Command (Water) | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0

Image Image
Success.

Score: 0 (start) +1 (Kindaichi) +1 (own roll) = 2
Strife: 6 (start) -2 (Kindaichi) +2 (Haruhi) -1 (Calming Breath) = 5/?
Stance: Water, but benefiting from the protection against Condition from Kindaichi's Earth

Initiative order:

Current scores: 5 (Haruhi) versus 2 (Tokiko)

Seppun Hibiki: 7 => Is up
Kitsuki Kindaichi: 7
Doji Riri: 5
Haruhi: 1
Tokiko: 0

Seppun Hibiki

Post by Seppun Hibiki » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:34 pm

Hibiki listened quietly, gathering her thoughts.

"There is certainly much that Hiro-san can still learn. And, from my experiences with him, he seems eager to do so. However, knowledge can be a dangerous thing on its own. Without guidance, without focus, it can be very easy to lose oneself, to step off one's path. Particularly, if one is distracted from the path they have chosen."

- - -

[D4LM, The balcony] An impossible question (Event), Targeting Haruhi, Command (Void), TN 2, Blessed Lineage | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image

Tokiko: 3/ Haruhi: 5

Kitsuki Kindaichi

Post by Kitsuki Kindaichi » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:22 pm

Doji Riri wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:39 am

The wind howls driving the flames.

It was terrifying to see how what was normally simply a refreshing breeze could drive what should have been a pleasantly warm fire into a raging inferno. The mountain redoubt was holding, but if the wind continued, Hiro was likely to lose his life at the whim of the air kami. So Kindachi drew upon his inner resolve to desperately try to stave off disaster.

"Ah, so if I understand Haurhi-san's words correctly: Hiro-san should listen to Mother Tokiko, Mother Tokiko should listen to outsiders, and Haruhi-san should not listen to outsiders. So the order of the mountain is Hiro-san at the base and Haruhi-san at the peak? "

Kindachi shook his head.

"That seems too disrespectful to consider. It implies that Hiro-san is incompetent, unable to make his own decisions and that Haruhi-san has somehow gained omnipotence. And I know this is wrong, because upon my arrival, Mother Tokiko spoke of the great potential she saw within Hiro-san as a monk."

He looked over to the Crane.

"Hiro-san stands at a crossroads. NONE of us have walked his path or can walk his path for him. If Haruhi-san has her way, Mother Tokiko will build a wall merely because Haruhi-san thinks that one path that she has not been down is bad. This is a grave disservice to Hiro-san. We should share with him our experience upon our own paths, and let the ultimate decision fall upon his shoulders, because HE is the one who will walk this path for the rest of his life, no matter where it will lead."

He had dug deep, and the words reinforced Mother Tokiko's resolve, but would it be enough? Would the wind change direction as was it's wont?

5 successes, 4 strife, 1 opportunity

7/10 Strife

+2 Points for Tokiko
-2 Strife for Tokiko for opp spend

Haruhi: 5
Tokiko: 5
Dragon Clan || Yoriki

Doji Riri

Post by Doji Riri » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:02 pm

Kitsuki Kindaichi wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:22 pm
The mountain tries to redirect the wind
Another almost imperceptible step towards Haruhi, almost as if she had only shifted her weight again, as Riri answers the Seppun's and the Kitsuki's words with a gentle, almost childlike smile, although the right corner of her lips raise slightly as if suggesting a grin underneath.

She addresses the Kitsuki first, whose strong words had clearly bolstered up the abbess' resolution "But Kitsuki-san, I think there's a misunderstanding here. Haruhi-nisou never suggested Tokiko Oshou-sama convince Hiro to take one path or another." A short nod at the Seppun. "As Seppun-sama says, Brother Hiro-san should follow the path of his own choosing. I think we all agree on that account, ne?", the smiling face looks at all those in the balcony, starting with Haruhi and ending with the abbess. "Doing otherwise would be pushing him onto a path, and who would be to know if that would be his true path in this turn of the wheel?"

She pauses for a moment, then looks at the abbess kindly. "What Haruhi-nisou is suggesting is not a path or a final decision. On the contrary, it is for Tokiko Oshou-sama to ask him to wait to say his final vows before he can be certain of his path. If this is his true path, he will no doubt follow it more certainly with a clean mind, having no place for doubts that his choice was one borne of a difficult time. We have only been here a few days, and yet we have seen how much sister Haruhi-san cares for Hiro, ne?" She looks at Haruhi with a small, almost naïve grin. "She would no more force a path on brother Hiro than she would want to let circumstances and a troubled mind force him down one he may be unsure of. So what she is asking, Tokiko-Oshou-sama, is for a kind word letting him know he must not close down other roads now, so when he takes to one road he can follow with with calm and certainty." A kind smile and a nod, and she takes one step closer to the abbess.

"The people who follow the Way seem to wander., I believe the teacher said?" she says, hesitating here and there as if she was trying to remember the correct words. "And... Gravity is... it brings lightness. Calm... is the master of haste. Ne?" She shakes her head slightly. "I wish I could remember words better!", she adds with a bashful smile. "But it went something like that! And so... why make haste now, if calm can carry us farther?" She then beams a smile to Haruhi. "I trust the sister's judgment that brother Hiro will make the best boots to walk his path himself with some time to dedicate to them!"

------------------------------------
Air Stance: +1 TN to Persuade rolls vs Haruhi

Action: Persuade Tokiko
D4 - An Impossible Question. Round 2. Persuade Tokiko. Courtesy/Air. Friend of the Brotherhood, Skilled Assistance from Haruhi. TN 2-1 from Haruhi's Opp spend, so TN 1. VP to Seize the Moment. Speaking in Silence for 1 free Opp. | TN: 1 | Success: 6 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Success with 5 extra successes; +3 points to Haruhi (1 for success, 2 for 4 extra successes)
Opportunity symbol (from Speaking in Silence) to "Act subtly to attract minimal attention in your efforts. Extra * makes the attempt even subtler."; The point is to make it clear that giving Hiro time to decide is Haruhi's idea and she was the one to convince the abbess, if possible!

Strife symbol to 2/8
Status 35
Vigilance 3

Haruhi's Score now 8!
Tokiko's score at 5

I believe the objective of supporting Haruhi is reached then? :)
Last edited by Doji Riri on Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The sweeping monk

Post by The sweeping monk » Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:45 pm

On one side, a passionate argument, from someone suggesting, with not so innocent emphases here and there, she could see the full picture clearly.

On the other, a solid barrage, but not enough to quell her own doubts.

The abbess pondered and finally came to a decision:

"Fine Haruhi-san. I'll advise Hiro to postpone taking up his final vows until he has truly left behind his worldly issues. I don't do that for you, but for him. Wouldn't want the poor boy to miss his chance at enlightenment because he has started on the path before removing the obstacles lying on it."

Event completed.

Doji Riri shares 6 Impression points with herself, attaining a new total of 21.

Doji Riri

Post by Doji Riri » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:56 am

The sweeping monk wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:45 pm

"Fine Haruhi-san. I'll advise Hiro to postpone taking up his final vows until he has truly left behind his worldly issues. I don't do that for you, but for him. Wouldn't want the poor boy to miss his chance at enlightenment because he has started on the path before removing the obstacles lying on it."
The Doji answers the abbess with a smile and a polite bow as if thanking her, but no actual words. Instead, she bows respectfully to the others as well, and shifts her eyes to Haruhi.

The sweeping monk

Post by The sweeping monk » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:42 am

Haruhi shows up the tiredness of someone finally seeing the end of a long, very long, battle.

"Thank you oshō-sama.

Uh...

I think I'll go help with the festival now."

The abbess has already rebuilt her composed and smiling face.

"Sure Haruhi-san. We'll discuss your own vows and future later. Though, in your case, it's more logistics than a decision in need of being made, isn't it?"

Doji Riri

Post by Doji Riri » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:54 am

Logistics?

The question more or less showed on the Doji's face for a split second, but she just tilted her head, bowed again and took a few steps back, leaving Tokiko and Haruhi to speak more freely.

She was curious, of course. But she felt she had helped Haruhi achieve something important, and that was enough.

For now, at least.

Seppun Hibiki

Post by Seppun Hibiki » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:42 pm

"I apologize. We should not have involved ourselves." Hibiki bowed her head. "I had hoped that our presence could calm the situation and allow everyone time to consider the concerns you both had. Instead, I fear we added to the tension and pressure to resolve things quickly. Good day to you all."

Without further comment, the Imperial departed.