Day 5 almanac

The sweeping monk

Day 5 almanac

Post by The sweeping monk » Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:20 am

News

After dodging the issue for yet another day, Sensei Wu is to finally announce who he'll take as a student in the morning. And then the time for goodbyes will have come.

Have you heard?
"Sensei Wu's lessons are really something, ne? His students seem to avoid other things as ably as they avoid hits!"
"One should wonder why they would have to avoid attacks that are not physical, though!"
"Well, aren't you curious?"
"... I am, and still I don't ask you where that red mark on your neck came from!"
"Oh! So you're saying Haruhi and Hiro have such marks on their necks too??"
"Argh, I'm not! You know they went through a difficult patch. Maybe they just don't want to go back to such things"
*Sighs* "You're so boring... but that's fair, I guess"
"... about that mark on your neck, though..."
"Have you heard? There was a monster attack yesterday!"
"Was it a yuki-onna?"
"No."
"A kamaitachi then?"
"No."
"Oh, I know, a yama-inu of course!"
"No they say it was an ogre, or maybe an oni!"
"Of come on, that's ridiculous. How could an ogre have climbed the mountain without falling prey to all the other monsters?"
"What's with all the candles?"
"Seeing if I can summon something interesting. It's a la mode."
"Summoning is always the easy part. Dismissing is the hard one."
"That's a nice mandala you've got there. The lines are seemingly chaotic but, the more you look at them, the more you see the underlying logic."
"You're looking at my attempt at charting the relationships between people here though."
"..."
"The blue lines are for friendship, the yellow ones for conflict, the pink ones..."
"I'm out of here."

Weather

The first sun of spring shines in the cloudless sky. It's only marginally hotter than in the previous days, but enough to feel the difference and picture the warmer months to come.

Schedule

Occasion: An elder's choice is made (LM)

Special

Last IC day of game, thanks for playing.

Post game forum is now open.