Truth in maskvertising: Soshi Naoko Q&A

Q&A, polls, other discussions about the game...
Soshi Naoko

Truth in maskvertising: Soshi Naoko Q&A

Post by Soshi Naoko » Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:32 pm

Right up front, no I hadn't planned on using a fox mask avatar. But finding art with a mask that I liked proved difficult since I was avoiding the standard veil/bit of black around the eyes/oni mask. Liked the vibe on this one and leaned into it.
Scorpion * Shugenja * Itinerant * Disappointing (Whispers of Failure) * Keen Smell
Honor: Average * Glory: Unremarkable * Status: Also Unremarkable

Carries: Wakisashi, knife, scroll case, yumi (sometimes)

Description * Cat: Hanakuso

Doji Riri

Re: Truth in maskvertising: Soshi Naoko Q&A

Post by Doji Riri » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:55 pm

And I do feel it fits!

It's always a pleasure writing with you and I'm sad we couldn't interact more this game :) Thanks for the fun story thread though!

So... I'll ask the same thing I asked Ketsudan for now, I guess. Do you feel Naoko achieved what she hoped to achieve here?

And do you feel you as a player achieved what you hoped to achieve with her?

One extra - I went with some doublespeak here and there in Riri's speech after Naoko's story, and while the 'Crane' thing was more or less on the face Riri would have no IC reason to suspect anything on the spiritual side. But it occurred to me and I have to ask - was Naoko's story being based around a shapeshifter also a taunt of sorts to her listeners? XD
道寺 梨李 • Crane Clan • Courtier(...) • Daredevil • Bouncy • Fidgety
Friend of the Brotherhood • Not the brightest candle • Likes to be outside
Glory: 47 • Honour: 50 • Status: 35
Carries: Ceremonial or travelling clothes, wakizashi, bo staff, yumi and quiver (if appropriate), too many charms and netsuke dangling from her hair and clothes.
Attendant: Kichi (吉 - “Luck”)

Soshi Naoko

Re: Truth in maskvertising: Soshi Naoko Q&A

Post by Soshi Naoko » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:53 pm

Doji Riri wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:55 pm
So... I'll ask the same thing I asked Ketsudan for now, I guess. Do you feel Naoko achieved what she hoped to achieve here?
I think so. While she wasn't well suited to learn solid technique secrets to pass along, she did learn some secrets and did learn more about human culture as it operates in this realm.
And do you feel you as a player achieved what you hoped to achieve with her?
I had fun and poked around a few threads. Always slower than I like with my work schedule (and then everyone else is busy on the weekend! Alas). So yeah.
One extra - I went with some doublespeak here and there in Riri's speech after Naoko's story, and while the 'Crane' thing was more or less on the face Riri would have no IC reason to suspect anything on the spiritual side. But it occurred to me and I have to ask - was Naoko's story being based around a shapeshifter also a taunt of sorts to her listeners? XD
A little bit. Once I ended up with a Fox mask and Playfulness as a Passion, that kind of thing seemed appropriate. Also? She has a bow won from a Crane spirit in the animal courts of her home. She fletched the arrows with crane feathers as an additional taunt, so teasing a Crane with a shapeshifting crane story fit once I hit on it as I pondered what story to tell.

There were enough shapeshifters and rumors of them around the monastery for it to be on the radar.
Scorpion * Shugenja * Itinerant * Disappointing (Whispers of Failure) * Keen Smell
Honor: Average * Glory: Unremarkable * Status: Also Unremarkable

Carries: Wakisashi, knife, scroll case, yumi (sometimes)

Description * Cat: Hanakuso