Journal Entry: Kitsuki Kindachi

Q&A, polls, other discussions about the game...
Kitsuki Kindaichi

Journal Entry: Kitsuki Kindachi

Post by Kitsuki Kindaichi » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:33 am

Hm, I doubt there's anything that anyone wants to ask about Kindachi, but I've been wrong before, ask away if you like :)
Dragon Clan || Yoriki
Glory: Reputable || Honor: Ideal || Status: Average

Gear: Travelling Clothes, Wakizashi, Journal of Observations, Calligraphy Kit

Soshi Naoko

Re: Journal Entry: Kitsuki Kindachi

Post by Soshi Naoko » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:53 am

I liked the journal entry format. Fitting for a Kitsuki. How hard was it to keep up with that?

Uncover anything interesting?

Oh right...should be asking folks to share their tidbits in general now that the game is over.
Scorpion * Shugenja * Itinerant * Disappointing (Whispers of Failure) * Keen Smell
Honor: Average * Glory: Unremarkable * Status: Also Unremarkable

Carries: Wakisashi, knife, scroll case, yumi (sometimes)

Description * Cat: Hanakuso

Kitsuki Kindaichi

Post by Kitsuki Kindaichi » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:12 am

Soshi Naoko wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:53 am
I liked the journal entry format. Fitting for a Kitsuki. How hard was it to keep up with that?

Uncover anything interesting?

Oh right...should be asking folks to share their tidbits in general now that the game is over.
It does add a bit of time to the process. I did have bookmark the time entry on the l5r wiki so I could remember what a given hour was.

Originally I thought about doing it for every reply, but given the amount of time it would take the potential for confusion and the schtick getting old, I decided against it.

But it did add a little bit of flavor to the character, and quickly, given the relatively short span of the game, without drifting into meme character status.

And I need to get better with my descriptions anyways. You can raise your deflection shields, Soshi-san, but your posts read like book passages, while mine read like a text message XD

I do love the conversations in these games with all players, no matter how brief, and I always want to kick the ball back to them as quickly as I can so there's more chance they'll respond. But getting better at descriptions is a goal for myself as a player and as a gm.
Dragon Clan || Yoriki

Kitsuki Kindaichi

Post by Kitsuki Kindaichi » Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:14 am

Info I gained:

Your research does bring in a ton of information apropos the region. The kind however that sometimes leaves the scholar more confused about what the place actually looks like after they've finished their read than before.

The region did not leave a mark on the big history, but it is the theater of a myriad of stories about spirits roaming the land freely and playing tricks on travelers and locals alike. Most tales are lighthearted, foolish even, though a few are horror stories.

A shugenja was even sent to investigate a few centuries ago, but noticed nothing special and concluded the peasants of the region had a lot of imagination and too much free time.
Ah! Finally! A practical bit.

It's not that weird that Wu chose that location to settle down. It's after all where its monastic life began. From retracting his actions of the period, it's obvious the samurai who would become the monk Wu was traveling through these specific mountains when he had his life changing encounter with a monk armed with a broom.
The abbess smiles weirdly when looking at the box of dirt you just handed her:

"I don't know if that's something the Sensei planned for, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but you're not the first young man today that reminds me of his first student, Hiro. Like you, his heart is in the right place but he sometimes has a hard time putting aside his training to focus on the now.

I mean it as a compliment, as he's the most promising monk we've had in decades. He's still got a lot to learn, but has the potential to overshadow its current teachers one day."
Speaking of Hiro, he seems like someone straight out of a Kitsuki textbook. He presents as a monk, he speaks a monk, but his body language... Pure warrior. Breathes like a warrior, moves as a warrior, reacts as a warrior. Formal training too, not something he learned on the job. Undeniably used to be a clan bushi.

Sensei Wu is very amused. By how much he is making people run to find him of course, but not only. Being outside, navigating the wood and the mountain, and eventually talking with new people in an informal setting, in circumstances in which one is more likely to slip out of their mon, all this makes him far more genuinely happy than anything he has pulled from within the walls of the monastery so far.
Further investigation with the other monks confirm that first impression. Except for a short period just after his arrival, Wu has been untenable all time he was there, sometimes disappearing in the wild for days. He always comes back however, though often with the mood of a child having to go to school.

Hiro raises his hand at the end of your presentation.

"I have a question Kitsuki-sama. Do you think there's a correlation between a marine tool having many utilities, being able to fluidly change from an element of movement into an element of standing one's ground, and the elemental nature of the ocean, ever changing in shape water?"

Hiro's body language suggests the question is genuine and not at attempt at offsetting you. The young monk really wants to know more about how elements alter the world around them.
Dragon Clan || Yoriki

Soshi Naoko

Post by Soshi Naoko » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:44 am

Nice pile of history in there. Neat.
Scorpion * Shugenja * Itinerant * Disappointing (Whispers of Failure) * Keen Smell
Honor: Average * Glory: Unremarkable * Status: Also Unremarkable

Carries: Wakisashi, knife, scroll case, yumi (sometimes)

Description * Cat: Hanakuso

Kitsuki Ketsudan

Post by Kitsuki Ketsudan » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:11 pm

What are we gonna steal from this?
Kitsuki Ketsudan
Dragon Clan
Not Left-Handed | Quick | Writerly
Honor Is the Ideal | Reputable Samurai | Average Great Clan Samurai Status
Usually has daisho, traveling clothes, a knife, maybe money, definitely fancy headband, indigo jacket stitched in diamonds and circles
Combat, add ashigaru armor

Kitsuki Kindaichi

Post by Kitsuki Kindaichi » Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:07 pm

Kitsuki Ketsudan wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:11 pm
What are we gonna steal from this?
Focus Action Economy
Full Void Refill for event participation
Information Tidbits.
Dragon Clan || Yoriki